This week, Rob King of 25 Years Later joins us in a non-synchronous, phase-shifted, pan-dimensional interview. Not to worry, we’ll still throw more tangents per minute than any other podcast of this type!
(what type are we again?)
Apology: Diane, you are academics of several wonderful types not merely “of a type” please forgive the slip of my frazzled tongue. –Agent “K”
Here are the promised Show Notes (danger, danger, massive linkspam incoming!)
Podcasts that Inspired Us:
A Podcast from out of broken time. Invoking the ghosts of lost futures through cult film, fringe ideas and strange sounds.
- The Shadow Trap:Catching fiction’s worst monsters with strategically limited information to go on – a podcast by @NotNowRosie & @bobsymindless
- The Last Podcast on the Left:
Last Podcast on the Left barrels headlong into all things horror — as hosts Ben Kissel, Marcus Parks and Henry Zebrowski cover dark subjects spanning Jeffrey Dahmer, werewolves, Jonestown, iconic hauntings, the history of war crimes, and more. Whether it’s cults, killers, or cryptid encounters, Last Podcast on the Left laughs into the abyss that is the dark side of humanity.
- Hidden Experience:
“And now they’ve come to take me / Come to break me / And yet it isn’t unexpected / I have been waiting for these visitors / Help me”
- The Witch Wave:
The Witch Wave is a podcast for bewitching conversation about magic, creativity, and culture. On each episode, host Pam Grossman speaks with a leading visionary about art and Craft.
- The Unexplained (With Howard Hewes)
- Unexplained (with Richard Maclean Smith)
“Unexplained is a bi-weekly podcast about strange and mysterious real life events that continue to evade explanation.”
“A show that explores the space between what we think of as real and what is not. Where the unknown and paranormal meets the most radical ideas in science today…”
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Revisionist History
- The Podcaster’s Guide to the Conspiracy:
A humorous and informative analysis of current conspiracy theories and conspiracy theory theories by Josh Addison and Matthew R. X. Dentith.
- The Gralien Report With Micah Hanks
- Astonishing Legends:
Scott & Forrest have been called the ‘Click and Clack of esoterica’ by their listeners. Their mission is to take a look at legendary strange and unusual events from throughout history and interview people who’ve had close encounters with the unexplained. They strive to bring you everything that’s entertaining about those stories and remind you that it’s ok to laugh at scary stories and respectfully, even the people that tell them.
- Mark Fisher “The Weird and the Eerie“
- TV Peaks, by Andreas Halskov
- Twin Peaks FAQ, David Bushman and Arthur Smith
- Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks by Brad Dukes
- Essential Wrapped in Plastic by John Thorne
- Full of Secrets: Critical Approaches to Twin Peaks by David Lavery, Patricia B. Erens (Editor)
- Lynch on Lynch by David Lynch, Chris Rodley
- Room To Dream by David Lynch, Kristine McKenna
Jules De Grandin